Demedim Me

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Bloggers

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate.

I stumbled on this article in USATODAY.COM : Iraqis enjoy new freedom of expression on Web Journal on the main page of Blogger.com. Eager to know what the title would lead me to, I clicked on the link even though the sight of USATODAY.COM somehow did make my poor stomach feeling sick!

After a few lines of hey-look-what-Bush-did-to-free-Iraq comment on freedom of expressing one's view on the web and to be heard by all people, which Iraqis nowadays have unlike those times under Sadam's reign, the reporter's highlight was more on blogs (short formed from web log) owned by Iraqis bloggers.

The web log written by some Iraqis mainly talked about the suffering, hatred and grieve they feel after what has happened to their beloved country. Taking A Family In Baghdad for example. This blog, maintained by mother Faiza and her sons, is lovely written in such a way that, in my opinion, one can really feel like experiencing the devastating massacre they encounter every single minutes of the day.

I went to bed early because it was such a tiresome day. I was awaken by the sound of a fighter jet that was flying too near like it was going to bomb a near target. It kept circling around. I left the bed to drink some water. Majid was awake and it was 1 AM. I asked him why that is. And he said that he couldn't sleep because of the plane. I said maybe it was bombing Falluja and it turns over Baghdad to return to them. I felt sad and wished that this hard time is over soon. We all want peace and we don't know who wants this fighting to go on like this shattering our lives and dreams.

-A chapter Faiza wrote in her blog.

Not like the family's blog which is strongly against the war brought over by US, another blog owned by 3 Iraqis professional brothers : Iraq The Model is written in a pro-US tone.

"My ideas are very shocking to people." Ali says. "I tell them I am a friend of America, a friend of Israel. Some of my colleagues at the hospital think that I am an infidel. It is impossible to change a man's mind, but you can only make him consider other alternatives."

-A section from the article in USATODAY.COM.

Allah is The Greatest!! Even this malfunction and distorted servant of Allah (that's me) feel like punching him hard on his face for saying such a filthy words!

I have not got the opportunity yet to really digest the words in Iraq The Model, but the outcomes of scheming through the blog, which has an image of the new Iraq flag : with similar colors as those painted on Israel's (laknatullah), gave a bad sign and I am not very happy with the contents.

Claiming that they had enough of suffering when Sadam was in control, they now live with the idea of bridging the gap between US and Iraq and also with the entire Islamic world. (telling you the truth, my humble brain could not think of any way they will manage to 'make a bridge with the entire Islamic world', looking at the path they choose to go through).

The two brothers work as dentist while the other's a pediatrician. What a lost! Islam needs it's believers with good qualities such as these to help rebuild Islam in Iraq.

But I guess, this is what happens when we forgot how to give thanks to Almighty God for the nikmat He gave us, when we do not know how to differentiate between friends and enemies, and when we let our hearts be lead by thaaghut! Wa na'uzubillahi min zaalik.

Another chapter in Faiza's writing :

Newspapers, radio stations and satellite channels keeps pressing on our nerves. Maybe in The rest of the world they're getting bored of listening to our news. They'll start looking for less enraging and disgusting topics.. I don't blame them. Human beings are weak creatures with low threshold when it comes to listening to painful and irritating news. The world will get bored and stops listening. The ones who planned for all this devastation will go on with their plans uninterrupted. Will they win?? I don't know. If we were negative and weak, then they'll win. That's the way it is. People keep their heads low because they are afraid and they want peace of mind. But what about us? What's left of our lives? What do we bet on?

Ahh.. I'm one of those mentioned ; ones with low threshold. Feeling safe and comfortable lying on my back on the green field by the pond, in a little, beautiful secret garden of my own world. And sometimes, I can be so insensitive!..

Get up syaffa, and look..
So that you are aware of what haunts the life of your Muslim Fathers, Mothers, Brothers and Sisters out there.
So that you can spare a place in your heart and in your du'a for those who are really in need.
So that you would be very thankful of every little happiness Allah bestowed upon you, in the remembrance of elderly man and women who have forgotten that they actually own some, and for little boys and girls who have no idea that they too, have the right to feel some.
So that you will always be reminded of the huge responsibilities you are going to live with throughout your life in Allah's world.

+Allah Hafeez.